Saturday, February 3, 2007

To My Future

A poem I wrote early February '07...coincidentally, just a few days before I met my husband!

I hope you’re being good. I hope you think of me, often.
I hope you pray for me, as I do for you.
I hope, when you get here, you recognize me straight away,
That your heart starts beating faster and the pursuit begins.
That I consume almost every thought you have, and I make you feel alive.
That I make you laugh, and show you more of the One you love.
That inspire you and make you weak at the knees.
That I bring out that protective instinct, you’ve never known so strong.
I hope that you can not rest until you make me yours.
I know you'll like kids, or this poem is not for you.
The same music would be nice too.
If you like sport, please understand when I pull faces.
I’ll watch coz you do, but more for the cuddles.
I want you love Him, even more than me.
I want you to love the church as much as I do.
To pray before you eat, and when you can’t find your car keys.
I’m happy for you to drive, although you don’t mind if I do.
I’ll bake you cookies, and you’ll make me tea.
Would you hold my hand, and kiss me gently?
You’ll tell me I’m beautiful, and I’ll see in your eyes you mean it.
But, wait for me, I’m not ready yet.
There’s too much to do…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails